Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Was it worth it?

Okay, so I have been posting my recent projects on our family blog, but since I have been working on many projects lately, I figured I better start posting on here again so I don't bore my family and friends who don't care how excited I get about what I did with a can of spray paint.

So here is the run-down on the table project:
It seriously took FOREVER! The first problem I encountered was the heat. It was above 100 and the paint would dry in clumps before I could even spread it. So I ended up painting the table inside. The second problem was that it took FOREVER to paint the chairs! (The table was a lot easier since I could use a roller.) First there were three coats of primer, then 3 coats of paint, then 3 coats of the epoxy sealant. Seriously, painting nine coats on 6 chairs took hundreds of hours! I am usually not a perfectionist but I wanted the table to look flawless. Now that it's done I am glad that I did it, but at the time I just kept thinking, "what did I get myself into?!?!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was fun to sit on lawn chairs for two weeks. I think it was totally worth it.