Monday, July 14, 2008

Neutral = BORING

"color is the root of great design" - David Bromstad, host of Color Splash on HGTV.

We have been trying to stay neutral with our paint colors, but I just couldn't help myself this time. I am all about color. I had been debating between two different colors for our bedroom, until I watched an episode of Color Splash and David used both of the exact colors that I was thinking of using. So our bedroom colors were inspired by him. I have to say that the yellow turned out fabulous. In person, it looks more brownish-yellow, which is exactly what I was going for.

Then:
You know your room needs a makeover when you are watching a remodeling show and one of the "worst rooms in America" has the exact same wallpaper that you have! True story.

Now:
I am very happy to say that we removed the last of the last wallpaper. If I ever decide to use wallpaper (I don't know how that would ever happen), I am going to make darn sure I move out of the house before it has to come down. I was surprised to find all sorts of wall accessories stored in our basement so I only bought a couple things for the wall. My favorite is this picture I got at my favorite store - Target.

6 comments:

meegz said...

i've been lookin at that same photo forever -- gotta love Target!:)

Brownie Bites said...

You have such great ideas. Everything looks beautiful. I love the picture in your room.

Unknown said...

Wow. You did a great job on your own.

Christina said...

Those colors look great!

Stacy and Mike said...

You or Brian???? did a great job!!! Probably you directing Brian right? Anyway.....I love the colors. Way to go!!

condiefamily said...

FAB-U-LUSS! Love the colors! You put the room together very well-love the bedding with the wall colors too! You are HIRED!